Upgrade to v6
Sequelize v6 is the next major release after v5. Below is a list of breaking changes to help you upgrade.
Support for Node 10 and up
Sequelize v6 will only support Node 10 and up #10821.
You should now use cls-hooked package for CLS support.
const cls = require('cls-hooked'); const namespace = cls.createNamespace('....'); const Sequelize = require('sequelize'); Sequelize.useCLS(namespace);
returning: true will no longer return attributes that are not defined in the model. Old behavior can be achieved by using
returning: ['*'] instead.
This method now tests for equality with
_.isEqual and is now deep aware for JSON objects. Modifying a nested value for a JSON object won't mark it as changed (since it is still the same object).
const instance = await MyModel.findOne(); instance.myJsonField.someProperty = 12345; // Changed from something else to 12345 console.log(instance.changed()); // false await instance.save(); // this will not save anything instance.changed('myJsonField', true); console.log(instance.changed()); // ['myJsonField'] await instance.save(); // will save
- feat(sync): allow to bypass drop statements when sync with alter enabled #11708
- fix(model): injectDependentVirtualAttrs on included models #11713
- fix(model): generate ON CONFLICT ... DO UPDATE correctly #11666
- fix(mssql): optimize formatError RegEx #11725
- fix(types): add getForeignKeyReferencesForTable type #11738
- fix(types): add 'restore' hooks to types #11730
- fix(types): added 'fieldMaps' to QueryOptions typings #11702
- fix(types): add isSoftDeleted to Model #11628
- fix(types): fix upsert typing #11674
- fix(types): specified 'this' for getters and setters in fields #11648
- fix(types): add paranoid to UpdateOptions interface #11647
- fix(types): include 'as' in IncludeThroughOptions definition #11624
- fix(types): add Includeable to IncludeOptions.include type #11622
- fix(types): transaction lock #11620
- fix(sequelize.fn): escape dollarsign (#11533) #11606
- fix(types): add nested to Includeable #11354
- fix(types): add date to where #11612
- fix(types): add getDatabaseName (#11431) #11614
- fix(types): beforeDestroy #11618
- fix(types): query-interface table schema #11582
- docs: README.md #11698
- docs(sequelize): detail options.retry usage #11643
- docs: clarify logging option in Sequelize constructor #11653
- docs(migrations): fix syntax error in example #11626
- docs: describe logging option #11654
- docs(transaction): fix typo #11659
- docs(hooks): add info about belongs-to-many #11601
- docs(associations): fix typo #11592
- feat: support cls-hooked / tests #11584